South Carolina top tackler TJ Brunson to miss spring ball
- Ohio State QB Baldwin plans to transfer
- ISU trying to replace Butler, Montgomery
- Miss. St. focused on upgrading offense
- LSU hires Texas A&M's Woodward as new AD
- Texas Tech adds 3 graduate transfers
COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) South Carolina leading tackler T.J. Brunson will miss spring practice after undergoing surgery to repair a sports hernia and damaged knee cartilage.
Coach Will Muschamp said Tuesday he expects the linebacker to be ready for summer camp and next season.
Brunson had surgery shortly after South Carolina's 28-0 loss to Virginia in the Belk Bowl on Dec. 29.
The 6-foot-1, 235-pound senior made 106 tackles last season, 33 more than second-place Sherrod Greene. Brunson was second with four sacks.
Muschamp had hoped that Brunson might be cleared in time for practices, which start Wednesday.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated February 26, 2019