Georgia Tech suspends LB Charlie Thomas for Quick Lane Bowl
- Vols DB George arrested for punching cop
- PSU to get $733K from Sandusky charity
- Alabama approves several staff contracts
- NCAA grants Miami QB Martell eligibility
- RB Jacobs takes part in Alabama pro day
DETROIT (AP) Georgia Tech suspended linebacker Charlie Thomas from the Quick Lane Bowl for an undisclosed violation of team rules.
The Yellow Jackets started Victor Alexander in Thomas' place Wednesday against Minnesota.
Thomas, a freshman from Thomasville, Georgia, ranked fifth on the team in the regular season with 48 tackles.
He recovered a team-high three fumbles, the most by a Georgia Tech player since 2014. Thomas also had three tackles for losses, including one sack, and forced a fumble.
More AP college football: https://apnews.com/Collegefootball and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25
Updated December 26, 2018